1st Liver disease- FATTY LIVER
Fatty liver (steatosis hepatitis) is the initial stage of any liver disease when one should get alerted and start taking care of liver.
CAUSES OF FATTY LIVER
It is mainly a diet and lifestyle related disease. If left untreated, fatty liver may lead to more serious liver diseases like cirrhosis and even liver cancer.
Fatty liver is a condition when your liver gets enlarged due to accumulation of fat cells.
Fatty liver can be nonalcoholic or alcohol induced. When liver is overloaded with such toxins as alcohol and/or fat, it has to work harder and thus it burns at a faster rate but is unable to convert the fat into energy.
SYMPTOMS OF FATTY LIVER
- Sudden loss of appetite
- Pain in upper right abdominal area
- Fatigue or tiredness
Risk factors for fatty liver disease
If you are obese or diabetic, the risk is much more than you could imagine.
To eliminate fatty liver as the reason for your condition, get it diagnosed through medical tests. And if it turns out to be a fatty liver, you must change your diet and lifestyle to get rid of it.
There are of course, certain herbal remedies for fatty liver too but most of the times, changes in diet and lifestyle is only what is needed to cure the liver condition.
DIET REMEDIES FOR FATTY LIVER
These are some diet rules to follow if you have a fatty liver.
- Avoid bad carbohydrates- like refined flour and sugar, white bread, pastries, sodas, and other processed or refined foods. They get converted into triglycerides- the type of fat which gets accumulated into liver.
- Have healthy carbohydrates- like unprocessed or least processed whole grains, vegetables, fruits and beans
- Avoid bad fat- these are saturated fats and trans fats. Thus avoid high fat meat like beef, lamb, pork, chicken with skin, whole fat dairy products, butter, cheese, ice cream, lard etc.
- Cut back on trans-fats by avoiding commercially baked pastries, cookies, muffins, cakes, dough nuts, packaged snacks like crackers and chips, stick margarine, vegetable shortening, fried foods, candy bars etc.
- Have good fats- these are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Choose cold pressed oil for cooking and those that have omega 3 fatty acids. Some of the good oils include olive oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, peanut oil, sesame oil.
- Have more of avocados, olives, nuts including almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, pecans, peanut butter. These are all monounsaturated fats.
For polyunsaturated fats, you may have soybean oil, corn oil, safflower oil, walnuts, sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin seeds, flaxseed, fatty fish like salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, trout, sardines, soymilk, tofu etc. While good fats are good, anything in excessive amounts convert itself into bad! wedding collections for fat plus size brides
- Use healthier seasoning like lemon juice or vinegar to cut on salt consumption.
- Use organic honey as a substitute for refined sugar.
- Use healthy spices- while cooking your dishes, consider using such spices as turmeric and cumin. They can excellently heal fatty liver conditions.
LIFESTYLE REMEDIES FOR FATTY LIVER
Along with changes in diet, you should bring some changes in the style of your living.
* Limit alcohol intake- alcohol is one of the major causes for fatty liver. When you have this condition, totally stop having alcohol.
* Lose weight- Being overweight or obese can be life risking. Reduce weight by following healthy diet and exercising regularly
* Exercise regularly- nothing can beat this. Not only for fatty liver, exercising is good for your overall health. Exercise for at least 30 minutes everyday. If you ask about special exercises for liver, jogging and aerobics are particularly good for your liver.